What kid out there doesn’t like gooey slime? What’s even better than gooey slime? Glow-In-The-Dark Gooey Slime! EVEN Better than that? You can make this gooey Glow-In-The-Dark slime at home! What a great cool project for a rainy day or just to mix up the summer with!
Thank you to PBS for putting together such a cool video on such a great idea! What’s super cool about this video is that it only takes 4 simple easy to find products to make it, including:
- Hot Water (does not need to be boiling water)
- Borax (laundry aisle at the grocery store)
- Glow-In-The-Dark Paint (BUY IT HERE)
- School Glue
in about 20 minutes you have a fun new toy for hours of enjoyment. Yep, that’s it! Just follow the video guide or our written instructions (from the video guide) below and soon you will have oodles of Glow-In-The-Dark gooey slime!
Here are the Written Instructions for Glow-In-The-Dark Gooey Slime:
- Mix 1/2 Cup of Glue with 2 Tablespoons of Glow-In-The-Dark Paint with 2/3 cup of hot water
- Mix it up really really well – the less glue globs there are the smoother and better your Glow-In-The-Dark Gooey Slime will be!
- In a SEPARATE BOWL – dissolve 2 teaspoons of Borax in 1/3 cup of hot water – mix well so there are as few borax crystals as possible
- Add 2 Tablespoons of the Borax and Water Solution to your Glow-In-The-Dark paint solution. as you add this the Glow-In-The-Dark mixture gets way thicker. Keep stirring until it reaches a gooey consistency
- Finally charge your new Glow-In-The-Dark Gooey Slime under a light or in the sun. Once Charged turn out the lights and start the fun!
Check out other Glow-In-The-Dark products or learn about why things glow below!
- Glow-In-The-Dark Products
- Learn About Glow In The Dark
- Try Some Glow In The Dark Projects!
- Watch Some Glow-In-The-Dark Videos